Tucing Buncit Says....

Friday, January 14, 2005

I'm telling.....

YES, I am going to talk about the blackout yesterday, which affected all the states in the southern part of Peninsular Malaysia - KL, Selangor, N. Sembilan, Melaka & Johor.

Naturally, being the hardworking employee that I am (*gag with finger in throat!*), I was in the office when it happened.

No clue to what the hell was going on, coupled with the total lack of instructions from the management, it was natural that some of us (me + colleagues) started to panic.

"Hey, what should we do???"
"What's going on???"
"What....?"
"Where......?"
"How..........????"
"MOMMIEEE......!!!!!"

What, you think we're wimpy? YOU try being stuck in a black out, several hundred feet above the ground (I was on floor 60-ish). See if you like it. Hey, at that kind of height, you will easily panic woo....! What if the lift cannot jalan? What if we get stuck?? Why my phone got no signal??? How to go back home since LRT cannot move one???!!

So me and my colleagues calculated our odds, and decided to leave quickly. The elevators were damn packed!! Managed to squeeze my big butt through. Reached the lobby. No more than a minute or two after that, we heard the announcement - the lift can't be used no more. Lucky us. Those who were still up there - poor guys.... mu sumo guno-lah tanggo....

And Thank God I'm not stuck in the elevator with a bunch of sweaty and smelly people... *crinkles nose*

Anyway, what I really wanted to tell you guys was this - I WAS ON TV!!! Hahaha.. no kidding.

Was busy watching a group of mak Datins waiting for their smooth rides, when suddenly this reporter appeared right in front of my face.

"Cik... boleh minta pendapat pasal black-out nih? (Can I get your opinion on this black-out?)" he asked.

"No want-lah.." I said. Shy-lor.

"Boleh lah.. sekejapppp je.. (Can lah.. just a short one)" he asked some more.

"Boleh... boleh... dia ni boleh... (Sure.. sure.. she can do it)" my colleagues added HELPFULLY.

"Fine. I'll do it. Just out of courtesy" I thought.

And it was done.

So, if you managed to watch TV3's Buletin Utama or Nightline, and saw that high-pitched, overtly excited, oily-faced, one-eye-sepeted chubby girl in red, talking super fast while hands gesturing madly, and complaining about the lack of announcements...

....then you've seen me.

It's my 10 seconds of fame, and I'm telling it. *big grin*

p/s: to my colleagues, THANKS-A-BUNCH.


Posted by ADLIZA HIZAN :: 1:01 PM :: |
---------------oOo---------------