Tucing Buncit Says....

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Lord of the Mosquitoes


Hey I'm back!

I survived the forests, swamps, streams and breast-high bushes.

Not to mention the hordes of mean, blood-hungry mosquitoes with black & white striped legs (yep, AEDES mosquitoes)!!

Alhamdulillah we didn't get dengue from that trip. Thanks to my trusty, extra strong insect repellant! Of course, being guys, none of my teammates bothered to bring any, so I guess you could say that I saved the day! The brand new bottle was almost finished by the time we wrapped up work. Hahahaha...

Not to mention sun block, plasters, cough drops.. etc etc...

*Leez patting herself on the back for bringing all those extra luggages that you guys made fun of!!*

But all in all, it was fun. Extremely tiring, but quite satisfying.

Of course, you couldn't tell by the way I was complaining and cursing during those long and hot hours (hey, if you had to walk miles in those hard, heavy safety boots, all the while manually carrying heavy equipments, you'd be too!)!

But boy, am I glad to be back. Woodchuck said I've tanned quite a bit, but he really was just being nice. Truthfully? I'm blackened.

On the other hand, I felt like I've lost pounds & inches because my work jeans were loosening! Was very excited to get onto the scale once I was back - but lo & behold, I've actually gained some weight!

Wondered (and still wondering) what happened. That can't be right, can it?

Maybe I just felt slimmer while in the East Coast.

Weird, huh?

Posted by ADLIZA HIZAN :: 4:24 PM :: |
---------------oOo---------------