Tucing Buncit Says....

Friday, January 28, 2005

Reality bites...

Hey hey.. did you guys watch American Idol last night? What about last week's? Do you guys watch TV at all??

If you do, then you'll know that the much coveted American Idol is now back for its 4th season - along with its shining (and NOT-so-shining) hopefuls, wackos and of course, the judges.

Simon Cowell is more obnoxious than ever, but that's nothing new. What surprised me though was how cold and insensitive Paula has become nowadays - she's just as bad as Simon sometimes! And Randy, I don't think he cares anymore. Just say a couple of YES's and NO's, and he'll get his paycheck. Only the guest judge seemed sort of excited.

And the contestants.. OH MY GOD.. I just don't get it guys. After 3 seasons on TV, surely you'd have picked up some CLUE(?). Some of you just CAN'T sing a tune (despite your parents' convictions that you'll be the next Carey or McKnight..), OK? It's Horrendous (with a capital H).

No wonder the judges are so grumpy. Who could stand 4 seasons of physical and mental torture?? I don't think I can stand it. I would've probably thrown my Coca-Cola can at you, aimed straight to your face.

No wonder la I'm still stuck right here in this office. I've NO people skill whatsoever. *cebik mulut (pouty mouth) with a sad face...*

Reality series sprout like mushrooms after the rain. Some, I admit are quite good. But some just totally blew my mind away! And not in a good way, that is.

You know that show, 'My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance'? I never watched it because I'm totally against all these love-cum-dating-cum-wedding reality series. Yes, I'm talking 'bout Joe Millionaire, The Bachelor, For Love or Money, etc etc (can't keep track anymore.. there're too many already..)

Somebody help me here.. Isn't love supposed to be a sacred thing? Isn't it the special bond between two people who found warmth, and tenderness, and a better tomorrow, in each other's arms? Isn't it the foundation for trust and respect for one another? Surely love means more than a million USD dollars??

Pardon me for being idealistic but I dunno.. I guess I'm a true believer in love. I just don't think you can fall in love truly, madly, deeply with someone just over the period of 6 weeks or so, during a gameshow, and on national TV nonetheless..

And even worse, you're competing with these other 30 (then 15, then 10, then 8, and so on till there're only 2 of you) gorgeous women, who would all 'give it all' to this one damn, lucky guy. Oh, he's lucky alright. Imagine having all these women (or men if you're a gal) all over you like you're the last eligible man on Earth.

If you're the guy, can you HONESTLY say, that you're gonna pick JUST ONE??? And spend the rest of your life with her?

Huh. Yeah, right.

I'm a bit pissed off about this today 'cause I happened to watch last night's season finale of My B, F, Obnoxious Fiance. I can't believe what these people did! They (the producers) embarrassed the bride and the family in front of all their relatives and friends. Not to mention, they literally broke the family into shreds, right in front of millions of viewers worldwide. Of course, in the end the producers tried to patch things up (via the "fiance") between them family members by saying nice things like how the family really bonded together, how they supported each other, yada yada yada.... crap like that.

The family may re-bond and grow after this, but can they still trust each other whole-heartedly?

I was in utter disbelieve. If it was me, I would have punched the producers right there and then. Jail time or not, I won't have them embarrassing my family like that. No way.

And you can keep your million bucks. It's a lot of money (*hmmm...*), but PRIDE isn't worth any money in the world.

Reality shows suck. You producers should be ashamed of yourselves for cooking up sth as morally-degrading as this.

And to dear readers, if you guys didn't watch the show, and have no idea what I'm talking about, just know that I love you k? Muahhss!!! Thanks for listening to the ramblings of my heart.

Have a nice weekend. See you at MokcikNab's nasi dagang party tomorrow night if you're going.

p/s: When I said reality shows suck, I didn't really mean all of them. Hey, Amazing Race & Manhunt is good, no?? *Manhunt... yummm....*



Posted by ADLIZA HIZAN :: 5:40 PM :: |
---------------oOo---------------