Tucing Buncit Says....

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Renaissance

Hey guys! I’m back! Sorry I wasn’t able to update for the past two weeks. I’ve been away on training. And once I was back at the office, well, you guessed it - I had tons of assignments on my desk, hundreds of emails & phone messages to read, hear and respond to – all waiting impatiently for my TLC.

The training was definitely a good break away from the office, and the course modules were well prepared (though a bit outdated!). Plus, I got the chance to meet and catch up with an old friend, had lots of girly talk with her, amidst the steam bath, sauna and jacuzzi sessions :) .

Sounds perfect?

Sadly, NO.

The first day I was there, we were treated to an international buffet lunch. *There goes my diet!* There was a huge selection, and all of the items looked very yummy. I had a little of this and that. Surprisingly, I felt very full very soon and didn’t even make it to the dessert bar. *Points for me & my diet! Yay!*

But then, I felt sebu semacam. Kinda nauseous.

Right after lunch, we all started to check into the hotel. As it turns out, they didn’t receive the letter of undertaking (LOU) that my office has sent to them much earlier. WHAT? You want me to pay on my own first?? I don’t even have a credit card, and obviously, I don’t carry thousands of cash in my purse!

To make things worse, the staff who took care of my reservations back at the office was on sick leave. Great.

Desperate to get into my room, what with the heavy bags, and my stomach which started to feel very funny, I had to ask a colleague to put the charges on her credit card first. Just until they sorted the LOU out.

By this time, my stomach was feeling much worse and I was sweating heavily despite the cold air-cond in the lobby.

"Where’s the restroom?" I asked them. Went in the direction they pointed. Saw the ‘LADIES’ signed, pushed the door open and went in.

UWWWEEEEKKKKKKKK… UUWWWEEKKKKKKK… BBUUWWEEKKKKK…

I hurled. Right there and then on the restroom floor. Didn’t even make it to the toilet bowl or the sink. Stained my suede shoes and worse, my Nine West handbag. And forget my clothes, they were all done for – tudung, top, skirt, the works. Tried washing them out but to no avail.

This was some serious sticky sh*t I got all over my stuff.

Urghh.. the mess. Not to mention the *smell* - I personally succeeded in stinking up the lobby restroom of a prominent 5-star hotel, here in KL. Woo-hoo!

I had to ask one of the grossed-out bathroom patrons to get the janitor in there. I apologized to that lady and also the poor janitor over and over again. I felt so guilty and embarrassed.

Now, how to get into the elevator full of people and up to my room on the 6th floor?


Posted by ADLIZA HIZAN :: 11:54 AM :: |
---------------oOo---------------