Tucing Buncit Says....

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Don't Distract Me!!!

I’m alone. All alone.

Woodster is away on training for 2 weeks, so for the time ever since I got back to Malaysia, I had to drive myself to work.

Let me tell you sth, I ni budak kampung (country girl). Well, Port Dickson to be exact. But it’s still kampung to me. When I first got my license pun, I drove in the blessedly peaceful roads of PD. I’m not used to these complicated KL roads, with those 4, 5 lanes, and sudden exits, and of course, the certifiably-crazy KL motorists.

Sorry, peeps, I know you may be one of them, but I gotta tell you, YOU GUYS DRIVE LIKE MANIACS, okay?!

The first day I drove myself to work, I forced my sister to accompany me. You should have seen me – knuckles white, palms sweaty amidst the fully turned up air-conditioner.
I was sitting perfectly straight, back hard as an ironing board.

Eyes on the road at all times, no eating or drinking, no talking, no radio, no NOTHING.

There was no way in hell you would see my speedometer reading beyond 70 kph. Only once in a while on the highway when there’re no cars near me, would you catch me doing a 90.

And all those dua’s that I recited. Wow. My mouth was parched dry by the constant muttering of prayers in hopes that God would make it easier for me.

You should have seen me. I was the epitome of anxiousness. You could not come near me lest you be affected by my nervousness.

But hey, it’s been about a week, and I’m proud to say that I can now drive to and from work, all while listening to the CDs and singing along to them, and occasionally taking my eyes off the road to change the stations or tracks. Kudos to me! Hahaha.

However, I’m still doing mostly 70 on the highways. So if you happen to see a crawling Waja on your way to work, that might just be me.

And please, no need to say HI to me. I don’t need the distractions :).


Just a few more days to go. Wish me luck!




Posted by ADLIZA HIZAN :: 3:27 PM :: |
---------------oOo---------------