Tucing Buncit Says....

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Snow White in Red Parka

Here and there, the few blogs that I frequented lately were all talking about snow and winter.

White snow, dirty snow, pure snow, cold snow, snow, snow, SNOW..

Do I sound a bit bitter? Well, sorry ok? Truth is, I'm jealous!! Hehehe..

As you know, it's now winter in most of the more northern parts of the hemisphere. Namely, places like London, Ireland, Hokkaido, New York, Michigan...

Those people are freezing their butts off right now trying to get to school or work.

But I don't care. I'm still jealous. *Green-eyes glowing*

Hmm, I remembered how cold it was during winters in Michigan. Bordered by one of the Great Lakes, what else do you expect?? Our snowfalls were a lot, about 10 feet deep!

And the wind, brrRrrRRr...

It was especially bad if you had to stand out in the snow, waiting for the freaking slow (and late!) shuttle buses, trying to get to your 8:00 am physics lecture! Pure torture.

Physics. Come to think of it, it wasn't worth it.

Plus the fact that 'Mr Big Orange' was barely even out yet, made the whole ordeal much, much worse and COLDER. And gloomy. And dark.


You know, despite my thick down coat & wool scarf around my face, I could still feel the awful chill right down to my bones. VERY bad situation to be in if you happen to have a full bladder.

So, my solution?

Did little 'dances' (more like terkinja kinja actually) right there at the bus stop. Just to warm myself up, y'know? I just couldn't stay put.

My then bf once happened to witness this mini ritual of mine. He decided that it was too delicious to let go, and mercilessly teased me and made fun of poor moi thereafter. He also decided that I needed a new pet name.

With my short and 'stout' (hehe.. notice my choice of word) figure, clad in those ridiculously thick, dumpy, and brightly-colored attire, and prancing around like a penguin, it was then that I got dubbed as Eric Cartmen (of South Park).

Hey, if you've ever watched the show, you'll know what I mean.

"You a**hole!! Shut up!"

HAHAHAHAHA....

I miss snow cones.



Posted by ADLIZA HIZAN :: 5:39 PM :: |
---------------oOo---------------